What's Going On Inside Children's Brains
When Jazzles is Going On?
Nearly 20 Ways Jazzles ELA achieves outstanding outcomes:
- 1. Exceptional levels of class-wide emotional and intellectual engagement.
- 2. Integrated Visual and Performing Arts to purposefully develop literacy.
- 3. Simultaneous VAK engagement for optimal learning by engaging visual processing and memory, kinetic processing and memory and aural processing and memory.
- 4. Exposure to spoken, print, visual, media, multimedia and digital texts.
- 5. Using the engagement and 'memory power' of music, singing, humor and animation.
- 6. Exposure to multimodal texts.
- 7. Child related song themes and social issues to ignite curiosity and discussion.
- 8. Matching song animations with alliteratively-highlighted captions/subtitles.
- 9. Engaging automatic oral language practice through choral singing.
- 10. Creating optimum, happy learning environment with social interaction and musical activities.
- 11. Creation of 'singing-activated', common, oral language and reading text bases - irrespective of the range of vocabulary levels (including ESL) in every mixed ability class.
- 12. Powerful 'Whole /Part/ Whole' learning from a common, familiarized text to develop and apply speaking, reading and writing skills in meaningful context.
- 13. Explicit, systematic, balanced and teaching.
- 14. A balance of social and digital interaction.
- 15. 'Hand's on' and 'play-based' learning.
- 16. Multiple, fun, practice/memory strategies.
- 17. Independent and co-constructed learning opportunities.
- 18. Reviewing and responding strategies.
- 19. Scalable, systematic program with themed, curriculum extensions.
How will students learn to listen, communicate, read and write?
- 1. By responding with imagination and curiosity to a range of spoken, sung, written and multimodal texts in familiar contexts.
- 2. By using prior knowledge, predicting, making connections, interpreting, discussing and communicating.
- 3. By reading, viewing and comprehending using context, grammar, phonics and word usage - including high frequency sight words (75% are in Jazzles songs).
- 4. By responding socially and collaboratively through visual art and performance to extend vocabulary.
- 5. By listening, mixing and communicating informally and formally with known adults and peers.
- 6. By thinking creatively, critically and inferentially through creative musical performance, drama and visual art.
- 7. By music-engaging, automatic practice for activating oral English vocabulary with pitch, intonation and fluency.
- 8. By identifying features of texts including rhyme, letter patterns and sounds in words in written and spoken texts.
- 9. By writing and composing texts using familiarized vocabulary, imagination and creativity.
- 10. By writing using spelling attempts, drawing, images and punctuation.
- 11. By writing using upper and lowercase letters in handwriting and digital technologies.
- 12. By reflecting and editing.
- 13. By co-constructed learning extensions.
- Kevin Condon, OSS Pty Ltd
- 68 Louisa Road, Birchgrove NSW 2041
- +61 2 9810 2784
- Lesley Beth
- CleverShow Corp DBA Jazzles
- 112 N Curry Street
- Carson City
- Nevada 89703-4934
- +1 530 687 6305